Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Hump Day

I have always hated the word HUMP. I don't know why. It's one of those words that just sits there. Other words I can't stand are: gristle, scabies, scab, shingles, hunk, chalk, and funky. They just SOUND gross, not to mention they all kind of ARE gross. Well, chalk isn't gross. But the word just kind of lingers in your throat when you say it. CH-A-LK. It makes me want to cough or something.

So, Hump Day. It's just weird! What are we supposed to do? I have visions of hopping on someone's leg and going to town! 'Woo! It's Hump Day!' I get it, we are on the hump of the week. Blah blah blah. I don't care if it SORT OF makes sense, I still don't like it.

As for the word HUNK - I hate when boys are described as a 'hunk'. Because what? A hunk is a PILE OF SOMETHING. It's not attractive. It's like a hunk of cheese. A side of beef. It's not SEXY.


ANYWAY.

Miss Alli has a great/true post up today about the Red Sox. I would like to say that I am optimistic about it, but I kind of fear the worst. As she says, they always seem to make it the MOST PAINFUL LOSS possible and then we are all DEVASTATED and left weeping into our overpriced Red Sox hats and giant foam fingers. I hope they can do it. We are a City of Hope right now, and we are united in a dream. Go, Sox!

In other news, someone found my little blog by searching for "sipowitz stalker nypd blue". Who searches for this? What were they looking for exactly? What did they hope to learn? I am so curious. Was it YOU?


Enjoy your Hump (ew) Day.


|
because I said so